Our Clubhouse at 1616 Latimer Street was designed by Philadelphia native Edmund Gilchrist, known primarily for designing houses in traditional Cotswold, Pennsylvania Farmhouse and Georgian Revival styles.
The interiors are the work of French émigré Jules Bouy, a prominent exponent of Art Deco/Art Moderne design. Planning for the building began very shortly after the Club was formed in 1928, and the Clubhouse opened its doors in September, 1930.
In recognition of its historic, architectural and socio-cultural significance, the Cosmopolitan Club was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995. It was awarded a Pennsylvania Historic Marker, recognizing the Club’s statewide significance, in 2002.
Learn More ...